Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with Dominic Perri. He is a food photographer, self-proclaimed foodie, and goal crusher. In this podcast Dominic talks about how he uses running to reduce/control anxiety, his experience of being a runner at the back of the pack and his run in with a bear! Additionally, Dominic talks to us about who he is, his evolving relationship with running, and lastly, he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 0:36 - Who is Dominic Perri?
- 2:13 - Learn about Dominic’s weight loss/gain journey. “ I’m Italian...I was born fat!”
- 4:00 - Dominic’s moment of action- Learn when Dominic decided to change his lifestyle.
- 6:04 - Dominic talks about the different weight loss programs that he has tried and if they worked.
- 11:02 - Dominic shares his first experience with running and what he learned from it. “I didn’t last for 30 seconds running outside.”
- 14:21 - Dominic shares the obstacles he ran into while he was running his first 5k. “ You don’t have to run the entire race.”; “You are only racing yourself.”
- 21:03 - Learn how many races Dominic has ran and how he trains for them.
- 24:13 - Dominic talks about the obstacles that he faced while training for a marathon. One clue - it involves time.
- 26:20 - Dominic explains how he felt on race day (New York City Marathon). “One word to describe the New York City Marathon - EPIC!”
- 39:17 - Learn how running has impacted other aspects of Dominic’s life.
- 41:25 - Dominic's favorite running/weight loss product.
- 46:26 - Dominic gives advice to his younger/past self. “Never give up.”
- 48:15 - Dominic gives advice to new runners or those who may be skeptical to get started. “Just do it.”
- 52:30 - Dominic provided resources for new runners.
- 53:58 - Learn what gets Dominic pumped during a run.
- 59:12 - Dominic's goals
- 1:05:40 - Words of Wisdom from Dominic and how to connect with him.
- 1:10:48 - Special Announcement from 300 Pounds and running! - New York City Marathon here we come!
Resources Mentioned During Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book - http://300poundsandrunning.com/book/
- 300 Pounds and Running Community
- 9+1 Program and 9+$1K Program - New York City Marathon
- Body Glide
- Jeff Galloway
How do I contact Dominic Perri?
- Website: DominicPerri.com
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 16, we sat down with Kelly Roberts from Run Selfie Repeat and talked about dealing with grief, anxiety, her evolving relationship with running, and lastly, she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 16 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!