Jill Grunenwald is the founder of The Year of the Phoenix blog, where she talks all things body image, being in the back of the pack, and being your own hero. She is also the creator and host of the Running with Police Escorts podcast. In this podcast Jill talks to us about who she is, her journey in running, and she give gives advice and resources to new runners to help them crush their goals.
“Just go out there and run!” – Jill Grunenwald
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. 🙂
- 00:44 - Learn who Jill Grunenwald is and why she is excited to represent the back of the pack.
- 1:33 - Jill shares how she first discovered running. - “The annual mile is gym class was the worst day ever!”
- 3:15 - Learn about the reactions Jill received when she first started her running journey.
- 3:53 - Jill talks about the obstacles she faced as a new runner. - “It’s frustrating to do something you really like but are not that good at.”
- 5:14 - Jill discusses what kept her motivated during the difficult times of training. - “I have no idea...I discovered some I enjoyed and I was going to find a way for it to work for me.”
- 6:00 - Learn about the impact running has had on Jill’s life.
- 7:23 - When did Jill start to feel like a runner?
- 8:55 - Jill’s favorite product. - One clue..it’s a tech tool!
- 10:56 - Jill gives advice to those that are new to running or starting a weightloss journey. - “Go get fitted for shoes!”
- 12:28 - Jill gives her favorite weight loss and running resources.
- 13:49 - Jill’s Goals.
- 16:33 - Words of advice from Jill
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book
- Couch to 5K
- Cleveland Half Marathon
- Garmin Forerunner
- Slow Runners Club Podcast
- Run Buzz Podcast
- Akron Children's Hospital Akron Marathon Race Series
How do I contact Jill Grunenwald?
- Blog - The Year of the Phoenix
- Podcast - Running with Police Escorts
- Twitter - @Jill_Grun
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/jill_grun/
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 9, we sat down with Tekia Denwiddie and we talked about why she decided to train for a half marathon after her son who is a patient at St. Jude encouraged her to do so. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 9 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!