What’s up goal crushers in this episode we talk with Kelly Roberts. Kelly is the founder of Run, Selfie, Repeat. Kelly’s blog inspires others to say yes to themselves while making them laugh hysterically because laughing, in her opinion, is the solution to everything. Kelly was named by Women’s Running as one of twenty women who are changing the sport of running and by Competitor Magazine as one of 12 Influential and inspiring runners under 30. In this podcast Kelly talks to us about who she is, dealing with grief, anxiety, her evolving relationship with running, and lastly she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 1:01 - Who is Kelly Roberts and how did she come to be the mastermind behind Run, Selfie, Repeat.
- 2:39 - Kelly shares her weight loss/gain story and how she used it to help grieve the loss of her brother. “ I ran for 3 minutes before I thought I was going to die.”
- 12:31 - Call to action - When did Kelly Roberts figure out running was for her?
- 18:06 – Learn about the obstacles that Kelly faced during her training and how she overcame them.
- 24:28 - How has running impacted other aspects of Kelly’s life? - “Running helped me laugh my way to success.”
- 28:23 - Kelly’s favorite product!
- 30:30 - What advice would Kelly give her past/younger self? “I am grateful that I didn’t quite.”
- 37:57 - Kelly gives words of advice for those that are new to running or starting a weight loss journey. “ Don’t do it alone.”
- 42:04 - Kelly gives her favorite weight loss and running resources.
- 45:22 - Words of Wisdom from Kelly. “Have fun!” “Laugh through the tears.”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book - http://300poundsandrunning.com/zero-to-running/
- November Project
- RunKeeper App
- Runner’s World
- Women’s Running
- We Run Social
How do I contact Kelly Roberts?
- Blog - Run, Selfie, Repeat
- Instagram - @KellykkRoberts
- Facebook - Run, Selfie, Repeat
- Twitter - @KellykkRoberts
- Youtube - Kelly Robert
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 15, we sat down with Angela and Willie Gillis from We Beat Fat and we talked about how they lost 500 pounds together and how running changed their life! Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 15 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!