What’s up goal crushers in this episode we talk with Marc Applewhite. Marc is Renaissance man who doesn’t take life too seriously, he works hard, plays hard and loves hard. He lives in the moment. On top of that he is a 300 pound runner! In this podcast Marc talks to us about who he is, his evolving relationship with running, and lastly he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. 🙂
- 0:46 -Who Marc Applewhite?
- 1:51 - Marc discusses his weight gain/loss journey. -”I am your typical weight gainer...I ate a lot and didn’t workout.”
- 4:23 - Learn how Marc first discovered running
- 6:34- Marc Applewhite talks about his early training (running) experience. - I ran 30 seconds and I was winded...The first day I wanted to quit.
- 9:19 - Marc talks about his first run and how a guardian angel help him complete it
- 12:38 - Learn about the reactions Marc received after he shared his running journey with family and friends.
- 15:05 - “Big, black and running….it’s not many of us out here.”
- 18:26 - Learn how running has impacted Marc’s life. Running has taught me if you put in the work...you get results and I am not just talking weight loss.”
- 22:32 - Marc discusses his most challenging race and what he learned from it.
- 27:14- Marc talks about his weight and his finishing time for his first marathon.- “Listen if Al Roker can do it..so can I.”
- 33:58 - Marc’s favorite products
- 39:55 - Marc gives words of advice for those that are new to running or starting a weight loss journey. - “Start small!” “Don’t do to much to quick.”
- 41:10 - Marc gives his favorite weight loss and running resources for new runners.
- 42:30 - Learn about Marc’s Goals
- 50:35 -Words of Wisdom from Marc and how to contact him. -”It doesn't matter how slow you go...it just matters that you go.”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book
- Dri-Fit Shirt
- Compression Shorts
- H0w to get fitted for your appropriate shoe size
- What Is a Gait Analysis?
- #runchat on Twitter
- Runner's World | Shoe reviews, training advice, running news …
- Men's Health
- Jeff Galloway Official Website
- Hal Higdon Training Programs
How do I contact Marc Applewhite?
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 11, we sat down with Ashley Dosher and we talked about all things body image, being in the back of the pack, and being your own hero. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 11 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!