Alight goal crushers in this episode we talk with Kimberly “LipStickNFit” Bradley. She’s fit. She’s fat. She’s an athlete. Kimberly is the founder of LipStickNFit blog. In this podcast, Kimberly talks to us about who she is, her evolving relationship with running, and lastly, she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 1:08 – Who is Kimberly Bradley? – A plus wellness coach & life coach, Help woman with confidence building and is a runner and is in the same article as Martinus
- 3:00 – Kimberly shares her weight loss and gain story. – I was 400 pounds…. I chalked it up to genetics. Running became my psych meds.
- 11:19 – Kimberly shares how she discovered running. – Use to talk about runners like dogs… I had a fear of running… Running changed my life!
- 17:55 – Kimberly talks training about her first races and the benefit of having a run coach. My training consisted of making myself get on the pavement.
- 25:16- Kimberly talks “running while black” and her family’s reaction to her new lifestyle. “It made them a believer!”
- 33:00 – Kimberly discusses one of her most difficult races and what she learned from it. “I left my ego on the pavement.” “I was out there by myself”
- 41:58 – Motivational Freestyle: Kimberly gives words of advice for those that are new to running or starting a weight loss journey.
- 44:59 – Tips for those who DNF (Did not Finish) their first race.
- 56:45 – Kimberly shares her upcoming goals and words of wisdom.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
Zero to Running E-Book – https://300poundsandrunning.com/zero-to-running/
300 Pounds and Running Community – https://300poundsandrunning.com/fbgroup/
HOW TEKIA DENWIDDIE OVERCAME GETTING LOST ON HER FIRST HALF MARATHON- https://300poundsandrunning.com/tekia-denwiddie/
How do I contact Kimberly “LipStickNFit” Bradley?
- Blog – https://www.lipsticknfit.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lipsticknfit/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/activateher/
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and write a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!