It’s finally here, National Running Day! This runner’s holiday is held annually on the first Wednesday in June. It’s a day when runners everywhere declare their passion for running. It is a coast-to-coast celebration of a sport and activity that’s simple, inexpensive and fun. It’s the perfect way for longtime runners to reaffirm their love of running and for beginners to kick off a lifetime of life-changing commitment. Below are five ways to celebrate National Running Day.
- Go for a run… Duh! This one is self-explanatory. Whether it’s one or 26.2 miles, going for a run is a great way to celebrate national running day. Lace your shoes up, get out there, and run.
- Sign up for a race … Do you have to take a rain check on running today? Show your commitment to running by signing up for a race. A 5k race is great way to dust the cobwebs off your running shoes and a great way to start your fitness journey of your own.
- Treat yourself to some new running gear… Check your inventory… Is it time for shoes, shorts, socks or fuel? Well go to Amazon and restock them your inventory today! I need some socks and new shoes so I’m going to do some restocking today.
- Run naked…Noooo I’m not talking about in the literal sense but hey if that’s your thing do it. I’m talking about ditching the cell phone, sports watches, and head phones and soak up the environment around you. Listen to the rhythm of your breathing, your heart beat and your feet hitting the ground. For god sakes be one with yourself.
- Plan a group run… Haven’t heard from a friend in a while? How about planning a run with them to catch up on everything that you missed in each other’s life… If you friend is not near, try calling them when you are on a run.
Whether you are a veteran, newbie, or your thinking about getting off the couch to start running, just remember it’s all about having fun and getting active. Therefore, whatever type of run you have on today remember it’s better than not running at all.
How will you celebrate National Running Day?
Until next time,
If you like what I’m doing please subscribe. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter:@300lbsandrunnin, Like the 300 Pounds and Running Facebook Page, if you are on: Instagram I’m @300PoundsAndRunning, YouTube: 300 Pounds and Running Dailymile: @300lbsandrunnin, and Nike Plus:@300PoundsAndRunning. Lastly I’ve create a group on Facebook called Crushing Goal Together… This is a new support group to help anyone plan, track, and crush goals, be sure to check it out.