Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with Almetria Turner. Almetria is the creator and founder of Fit and Finally Free, a blog about weight loss, lifestyle management, and the road to self-discovery with the freedom to work, play, and live well. In this podcast, Almetria talks to us about who she is, her evolving relationship with running, and lastly, she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
“So many people over the years wanted me to lose weight, my doctors wanted me to lose weight, but I had to want to lose weight, and it is unfortunate that I had to be reactive more so than proactive but I wasn’t going to get it done until I was ready” – Almetria Turner
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 1:28 – Who is Almetria Turner? – Runner, Lifestyle coach, food and wellness blogger, and entrepreneur
- 2:34– Almetria shares her weight loss and gain story. “I’ve been overweight my entire life.” “We had soul food every single day”
- 7:32 – Time for some action – Learn when Almetria knew she had to make a lifestyle change. – “Every time I went to the doctor prayed, please don’t let me have diabetes”
- 16:06 – Learn how Almetria discovered running. “I was so Intimidated ” “I was wondered if I could jog from pole to pole” “I didn’t know people paid for races”
- 23:21 – Almetria talks about obstacles she ran into while running– “The main obstacle was me”
- 23:57 – Almetria explains how running changed her life. “I’ve met so many great people since I started running” “The running community is like a family… They just want to see you win” “When you’re out on the pavement you’re family”
- 26:25 – Almetria’s favorite running product.
- 28:00 – Almetria discusses one of her most difficult races and what she learned from it.
- 32:29 – Almetria gives advice to her younger/past self. – “Love yourself now, so you can love yourself later”
- 37:32 – Almetria’s advice to new runners. – “No risk, no reward” “You won’t know unless you try” “A lot of times we are our own limitation” “You have to challenge yourself” “You can’t give up on you”
- 43:33 – Learn more about FitAndFinallyFree.com
- 46:24 – Almetria’s goals!
- 50:00 – Almetria’s words of wisdom for goal crushers.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
How do I contact Almetria Turner?
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!