What’s up goal crushers in this episode we talk with Ashley Dosher. Ashley is a mother, cook and a newlywed. Oh did I forget to mention she has lost over 175 pounds and is a self proclaimed “back of the packer”. In other words she is our type of people! In this podcast Ashley talks to us about who she is, her relationship with running, and lastly she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
[Tweet “”He laughed at me and said I was never going to make it.” -Ashley Dosher”]
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 00:40 – Who is Ashley Dosher?
- 1:27 – Ashley discusses her journey with weight gain and loss and how it impacted her life. – “I started eating my feelings.”
- 2:40 – Learn about the diets/weight loss programs that Ashley tried.
- 3:47 – Time for action – Learn what inspired Ashley to start running. -‘I quit my job and ran/walked four miles…that was the day I fell in love with running.”
- 5:20 – Ashley discusses her first run. – “I thought I was going to die but I kept going”
- 5:54 – Ashley shared feedback she received when she shared her running journey with family and friends.- “I tell my mom she is crazy for fishing and she tells me I am crazy for running…we just don’t understand each others world…in the end it all works out.”
- 8:39 – Ashley shares the impact has had on her life. “I am not afraid to stand on a ladder.”
- 10:43 – When did Ashley start to see “results” from her running journey. “At six months, I thought to myself..it’s time to get new clothes..this belt is not cutting it.” Oh I have calves…this is nice.”
- 12:07 – Ashley most challenging race and her biggest takeaway. “My first race was an eye opener but it made me love running anymore.”
[Tweet ““My first race was an eye opener but it made me love running anymore.”-Ashley Dosher”]
- 16:11 – Ashley gives advice to first time runners who may be skeptical of starting their journey. “Find a support system…online or in person.”
- 18:13 – Ashley gives her favorite weight loss and running resources.
- 19:07 – Ashley’s goals. “I want to run 800 miles!”
- 20:50 – Ashley’s words of wisdom. – “If you want to run…all you need is a pair of shoes.”
[Tweet ““If you want to run…all you need is a pair of shoes.” -Ashley Dosher”]
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
How do I contact Ashley Dosher?
- Facebook – Ashley Dosher
- Email – [email protected]
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 10, we sat down with Jill Grunenwald and we talked about all things body image, being in the back of the pack, and being your own hero. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 10 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!