Carli is a 30 something women with a regular 9 to 5 living in Saint Louis. She lost 43 lbs with a hospital weight management program once she once hit a plateau she decided to take it to the next level. With some inspiration and motivation from some of her favorite bloggers Carli decided to get off the couch and start running. From that point Running into Shape was born. In this podcast learn more about who Carli is, who inspired her and what keeps her motivated.
“Do it Afraid!” – Carli Fierce
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 0:52 - Learn who is Carli Fierce and why she started her blog: Running into Shape: Fat to Fit to Fierce
- 1:46 - Carli discusses her her journey with weight gain/loss and her experience with a weight management program (hospital supervised)
- 3:29 - Find out the moment that Carli decided to take action in her health journey -“I didn’t have a moment where I felt I needed to change but I just feel uncomfortable”
- 4:15 - Learn how Carli was first inspired to start running - “Well, it would be pretty cool to run...my favorite blogger was running..why not me.”
- 5:55 - Carli discusses her first run - “It was hard...hey guys I ran for 30 seconds today.”
- 7:52 - Learn how running has impacted Carli’s Life - “I can reach other people.”
- 8:50 - Carli discusses the stigma that is sometimes associated with people of Color and running - “I showed them you can run”
- 10:04 - Carli’s most challenging race and her biggest takeaway - “It took a very long time...because it was hot.”
- 12:33 - Carli’s favorite product - “Nike Plus app...It help me see progress.”
- 14:12 - What would Carli say to her younger self (pre-running) - “The journey is not going to look like you think it is going to look...but you will get there.”
- 15.04 - Carli gives advice to new runners - “You can finish last...but guess what you finished.”
- 17:51 - Carli’s shares resources for new runners
- 18:22 - Carli discusses her podcast and E-Book - “Running 60 seconds can be difficult...go with the pace that works for you.”
- 21:00 - Learn about Carli’s goals - “Sugar doesn't like me”
- 22:00 - Words of Wisdom from Carli and how to get in touch with her - “ Don’t quit before the miracle happens.”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Roni Noone - Roni’s Weigh Blog
- Team in Training
- Nike Plus
- Courage to Start by John Bingham
- Couch to 5K
- 5K Race Day (Carli’s Podcast and E-Book)
- Zero to Running E-book by Martinus Evans
How do I connect with Carli Fierce?
- Blog - Running into Shape: Fat to Fit to Fierce
- Twitter : @CarliFierce
- Carli Fierce's Facebook
- Carli Fierce's Instagram
What you missed in the last episode?
In episode 4.5, we sat down with Latoya Shauntay Snell from Running Fat Chef and we talked about her evolving relationship with running, her advice for dealing with haters/doubters and lastly she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals. Check out 300 Pounds and Running Podcast episode 4.5 now!
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
1) Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
2) Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
3) Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!