Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with Chris Holley. Chris is a 4-time Ironman finisher, adult swim coach, and triathlon coach. In this podcast, Chris talks to us about who he is, how he went from 400 pounds to 4-time Ironman finisher, and lastly, he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change” – Chris Holley
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 1:12 – Who is Chris Holley? – 4-time Ironman finisher, adult learn to swim coach and triathlon coach.
- 1:59 – Chris shares his weight loss and gain story. “I working 60-80 hours a week and eating was out of convenience” “I ballooned up from there”
- 3:38 – Time for some action – Learn when Chris knew he had to make a lifestyle change. – “I was using partying and drinking to deal with my depression” “I was not happy with I was” “The first step was to get in the gym every morning” “It was scary”
- 7:55 – Learn how Chris discovered running. “I was able to run for a couple minutes before I had to stop” “ My first week of training was demoralizing” “battling the negative voice in my head was the hardest part”
- 13:07 – Chris talks about obstacles she ran into while running “I remember popping Aleve several times”
- 21:30 – Chris’ favorite running product.
- 23:23 – What made Chris want to do an Ironman? “It’s like a drug”
- 28:00 – Chris discusses one of her most difficult races and what he learned from it.
- 33:20 – Chris gives advice to her younger/past self. – “Don’t sweat the small stuff”
- 34:25 – Chris’ advice to new runners. – “Don’t be afraid to take the first step”
- 46:24 – Chris’ goals! He’s raising money for Smile Train a charity that fixes cleft lips for children around the world.
- 43:47 – Chris words of wisdom for goal crushers.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book – https://300poundsandrunning.com/zero-to-running/
- 300 Pounds and Running Community – https://300poundsandrunning.com/fbgroup/
- Donate to the cause
How do I contact Chris Holley?
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!