Alright goal crushers in this episode we talk with Michelle Hercules Walker. She is the co-winner of 2015 Runner’s World Cover Search. In this podcast Michelle talks to us about who she is, her relationship with running. More importantly how her faith combined with running helped her work through depression and suicidal thoughts. Lastly she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals. Michelle is truly an inspiration.
“Look at me and know that this can be done!” – Michelle Hercules Walker
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. 🙂
- 1:06 - Learn about Michelle Hercules Walker running journey and why October 14, 2014 is such an important day
- 9:52 - “Michelle discusses her weight loss/gain journey - “I grew up having to eat all of the food on my plate.”
- 12:44 - Time for action- When Michelle knew she had to make a change in her life. - “Why am I hurting mentally, physically and spiritually?”
- 17:25 - Michelle talks about her first time running. - “The bottom of my feet was on fire but I didn’t want to stop running.”
- 20:57 - The pain of not starting is fair greater than starting.
- 24:05 - When did Michelle feel as if she was a runner? -”If I could make this much progress in 3 months image what I can do by summer?”
- 28:06 - Who is Michelle right now? - “I am a woman of God!”
- 32:25 - Michelle talks about her first race and her biggest takeaway. - “It felt good!”
- 38:57 - Michelle gives words of advice for those that are new to running. - “Come run with me...I won’t leave you!”
- 43:18 - Michelle gives her favorite weight loss and running resources . - Make the time to work on yourself! Utilize what you have around you!
- 48:37 - Michelle’s goals. - “I want to change!” “I don’t know where I am heading but it is up.”
- 57:05 - Words of Wisdom from Michelle. - “Ask for discernment!”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book
- Runner’s World Cover Search Winner : Michelle Hercules Walker
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
How do I contact Michelle Hercules Walker?
- Michelle Hercules Walker Twitter - https://twitter.com/michehercules
- Michelle Hercules Walker Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/michehercuwalk
What you missed in the last episode?
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!