What’s up goal crushers in this episode we talk with Jill Angie. Jill is the founder of Not your Average Runner. Jill’s website has everything from a blog, training programs and books. It is a one stop shop for how to start running in the body that you are in. In this podcast Jill talks to us about who she is, her relationship with running, and lastly she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 1:25 - Who is Jill Angie and find out when she thought she was a “real” runner.
- 3:33 - Jill discusses her weight gain/loss journey. “ I had to start running in the body that I was in.”
- 8:54 - Jill shares how she first discovered running. - “I used to use running as punishment.”
- 14:29 - Jill shares how running has impacted her life.- “Stay in your lane and focus on what you need to do in this moment.”
- 17:10 - Jill’s most challenging race and her biggest takeaway.
- 21:41 - Jill’s favorite running product. - “If it was good enough for Oprah...it was good enough for me...The Enell Sport Bra is life changing.”
- 24:36 - What would Jill tell her pass/younger self. - “Don’t use food as a distraction.”
- 26:16 - Jill gives words of advice for those that are new to running or starting a weight loss journey. “If you can walk for 45 minutes...you can do a 5K.”
- 27:28 - Jill shares her favorite weight loss and running resources.
- 29:50 - Jill’s Goals
- 31:15 - Words of Wisdom from Jill.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
How do I contact Jill Angie?
- Blog - Not your Average Runner
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/notyouraveragerunner/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/notyouraveragerunner/
- Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/NYARunner/
What you missed in the last episode?
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!