What’s up goal crushers in this episode we talk with Ted Spiker. Ted is the face of the Big Guy Blog, Runner’s World contributor (and former Marathon Virgin blogger) Ted Spiker writes about what it’s like being a size-XL runner in a size-M world. He covers running, weight loss, and cool workouts that help his running, as well as his weakness for [insert just about any food]. On top of that Ted is a scholar, author and speaker. In this podcast Ted talks to us about who he is, his evolving relationship with running (the good, bad and the ugly), his book- Downsize, and lastly he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
[Tweet “Enjoy the little victories and stop beating yourself up! – @ProfSpiker”]
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 0:59 – Who is Ted Spiker? – Scholar, Journalist and Health Advocate
- 2:49 – Learn about Ted’s weight loss/gain story. – “Food is darn good!”
- 5:52 – Ted discusses the diets that he has tried – I never bought into the “plans”…I would key use principles from each of the diets.”
- 9:27 – When did Ted feel the need it was time to take action in his health journey? – “I stepped on the scale and was shocked.”
[Tweet “I stepped on the scale and was shocked.- @ProfSpiker”]
- 12:04 – Learn how Ted first discovered running…the good and bad –
- 15:20 – Ted talks about his most challenging race and his biggest takeaway. – “I am a little self confident about races but I still do them.”
- 18:47 – How has running impacted other areas of Ted’s life. – “Running has open the doors to so many different communities and friendships for me.”
[Tweet “Running has open the doors to so many different communities and friendships for me. – @ProfSpiker”]
- 22:29 – Ted’s favorite product. – One hint it has to do with chafing!
- 25:10 – What advice would tell give to his past self? -Enjoy the process!
- 28:19 – Ted gives advice to new runners who maybe hesitant on getting started. -” Get a plan and a program.” “Get a tribe or a squad…don’t do it alone.”
- 30:18 – Ted gives his favorite weight loss and running resources.
- 33:10 – Ted talks about his book, “Downsize”.
- 34:42 – Ted’s Goals
- 35:44 – Ted’s words of wisdom. “Stay within yourself!”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
How do I Contact Ted Spiker?
What you missed in the last episode?
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and written a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!