Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with John Young. He’s a high school teacher, marathoner, and triathlete. In this podcast, John talks to us about who he is, his evolving relationship with running, and lastly, he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smart phone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it.
- 1:08 – Who is John Young? – A high school teacher, marathoner, and triathlete
- 3:00 – John shares he decided to make a change. I was 195 lbs at 4’4”.
- 5:37 – John Young shares how he discovered running. -”I don’t see myself stopping”
- 10:51- John Young discuss stigma while running
- 14:00– John talks running the Boston Marathon during the bombings.
- 29:37 – Motivational Freestyle: John gives words of advice for those that are new to running or starting a weight loss journey. “Don’t measure yourself to other people”
- 37:09 – John shares her upcoming goals and words of wisdom.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
Zero to Running E-Book – https://300poundsandrunning.com/zero-to-running/
300 Pounds and Running Community – https://300poundsandrunning.com/fbgroup/
How do I contact John Young?
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/dwarfparatri/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BeTheHammerJY/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/dwarfparatri
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to give a five-star rating and write a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please give your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!