Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with Sarah Ward. In this podcast, Sarah talks to us about who she is, her evolving relationship with the sport of running and lastly, she gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 0:55 - Who is Sarah Ward? Mom, teacher, coach, proud fat runner, and Goal Crusher
- 2:00 – Sarah shares her weight loss and gain story. “I've always been overweight"
- 6:13 – Time for some action – Learn when Sarah knew she had to make a lifestyle change.
- 10:51 – Learn how Sarah discovered running. "I was always worried of being last"
- 13:27 – Sarah talks about obstacles she ran into while running.
- 19:59 - Sarah talks about the impact of running and other aspects of her life
- 29:40 – Sarah’s favorite running product.
- 34:08 – Sarah’s discusses one of her most difficult races and what she learned from it.
- 34:52 - Sarah Ward gives advice to her younger/past self.
- 36:52 - Sarah's advice to new runners. - “It’s baby steps” “who care’s if you are dead fucking last”
- 59:09 - Sarah’s favorite running song.
- 1:00:00 - Sarah’s words of wisdom for goal crushers.
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book - https://300poundsandrunning.com/zero-to-running/
- 300 Pounds and Running Community - https://300poundsandrunning.com/fbgroup/
- Jeff Galloway Run Walk Run Method- http://www.jeffgalloway.com/
- From Fat to Finish Line
- Enell Sports Bra
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and write a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!