Alright, goal crushers in this episode we talk with Pandora Williams. Pandora is a WLS patient who has lost over 260 pounds and ran over 39 half-marathons. Additionally, she is a wellness coach and personal training. In this podcast, Pandora talks to us about who she is, how she went from 420 pounds to running 39 half marathons and becoming a personal training, and lastly, he gives new runners advice to help them crush their goals.
Scroll down for complete show notes.
Join the Movement: Subscribe and Review!
Get the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast delivered automatically to your smartphone or podcast player at no charge to you, please subscribe using your preferred method below:
Get the RSS Feed for your own favorite RSS Podcast Player.
Show your boy some love and leave me a review and rating on iTunes! This helps me get the show up in the rankings and I’d deeply appreciate it. ?
- 0:59 - Who is Pandora Williams? - WLS patient who has lost over 260 pounds, avid runner, personal training, wellness coach… highest weight 420 pounds
- 2:22 – Pandora shares her weight loss and gain story. “I was always overweight, I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t overweight”
- 4:53 – Time for some action – Learn when Pandora knew she had to make a lifestyle change. - “people all my life told me that I needed to lose weight”
- 9:37 – Learn how Pandora discovered running. “My intro into running is a sad story”
- 16:46 – Pandora talks about obstacles she ran into while running. “I’m never going to run 13 miles without a medal”
- 30:43 – Pandora’s favorite running product.
- 35:09 – Pandora discusses one of her most difficult races and what she learned from it.
- 38:56 - Pandora gives advice to her younger/past self. - “Take it slow and enjoy the race”
- 41:10 - Pandora’s’ advice to new runners. - “Make every moment count” “There’s no failure unless you quit”
- 49:43 - Pandora’s favorite running song.
- 51:00 - Pandora talks about her blog.
- 55:01 - Pandora’s words of wisdom for goal crushers. “Running is just faster than walking”
Resources Mentioned During the Podcast
- Zero to Running E-Book - https://300poundsandrunning.com/book/
- 300 Pounds and Running Community - https://300poundsandrunning.com/fbgroup/
- Zombies, Run!
- Sparkle Skirts
- Jeff Galloway
How do I contact Pandora Williams?
- Blog: https://desperatelyseekingslender.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DesperatelySeekingSlender
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/SeekingSlender
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seekingslender/
I Appreciate Your iTunes Reviews!
Getting a 5-star rating and/or written review is incredibly important for this show. It helps with ranking and with generating the necessary exposure that gets this podcast out in front of other runners.
But it is even more important to me!
I read each and every comment and really take them all to heart. They provide encouragement that what I am doing is getting noticed and that the show is getting listened to.
I am so thankful to those who have recently gone into iTunes to provide a five-star rating and write a review of the 300 Pounds and Running Podcast.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to please provide your boy rating and/or write a review on iTunes. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the show’s iTunes Page or search “300 Pounds and Running” from iTunes if you aren’t already a subscriber.
- Open the page in the iTunes app, and click on the number of stars for the rating you think I deserve.
- Write a sentence or two to share your comments.
A million thanks in advance!
That’s it for now. Keep crushing those goals, and we’ll be back next time!